Tuesday, May 3, 2016

week 5

For the blog topic, we were supposed to create some sort of comparative analysis to Will Eisner's and Craig Thompson's approach to storytelling. Now personally I have to say that I have a biased opinion on the matter because I have openly admitted how much I care for Thompson's work. I think that Blankets is charming and wonderful in many ways, but I also know that Eisner can create just as compelling of a story and make it open to understand for almost everyone. If you look at an Eisner comic, you see almost a "cookie cutter" format for how he draws his characters, because he follows a formula to get his poses to work and that formula works. This is why his series The Blue Spirit became popular. Overall, I can see the comparison as legitimate even past my bias.

No comments:

Post a Comment